Jamie Miles……………From Flab to FAB!
I LOVE a happily ever after story! So many of us WLS’ers have wonderful stories that need to be shared, and Jamie Miles is one of them. After I joined Facebook Jamie and I became online friends. I was always excited to see his updates of getting signed with a talent agency………..getting new parts in shows………..and just enjoying his new life post-WLS!
I think you will enjoy Jamie’s story just as much as I do!
So have I mentioned how much Weight Loss Surgery has changed my life? You have no idea…
For a long time I have always had this side of me that wanted to act and be a commercial model. I started following my dreams after I had lost about 60lbs. It started out with Extra roles but as my weight loss progressed I became more confident and started seeking out more speaking roles, local productions and commercials, etc. I even went to acting school.
From flab to FAB!!!
Life has a funny way of working out sometimes. I had been working for a company for almost 12 years in marketing and promotions when I was laid off. Ironically I wasnt overwhelmed with greif, I was happy. I needed to make a change, I had some money in my savings and I had been getting some acting work pretty regularly so i knew I would be ok. For once in my life, I didn’t stress eat. Two days after I was laid off I was signed by an agent here in the Atlanta area (the Jana VanDyke Agency) and then a few months later I was approached by another agent in North Carolina (Legacy Talent Managment).
So since then I have been working pretty regularly. Some small roles, some tv commercials, some local films but many national films too! Life is exciting! I don’t think I would have been doing any of this had I not lost weight and had my lapband surgery. I’ve lost almost 100lbs to date and I have another 20-30 to go to be happier with myself.
Some people have asked me what I have worked on, so here is a snapshot at how Lapband Surgery changed my life:
- Franklin & Bash – a new pilot series coming out on TBS!!!
- My Manny – a webisode series on TBS.com!!!
- Signed with an Agency!!!
- Worked a few times on Drop Dead Diva for Lifetime!
- Worked on Big Momma’s House 3
- Worked on Single Ladies (new series for Vh1 with Queen latifah and Common!) Look for me clean shaved!
- Worked on a movie with Britnay Snow called 96 Minutes
- Worked on a movie with Whoopie and Janet called For Colored Girls (Tyler Perry)
- Worked on AMC’s The Walking Dead as a Zombie
- Worked on Vampire Diaries
- Worked on a local tv commercial for CableAdvertisingWorks.com
- Worked on a local Kroger commercial
- Worked on a local commercial for a pawn shop
- Starring role in a film called The Hanging Man
- Supporting role in a film called The Prodigal
- Industrial commercial for EMC.com
- Commercial Modeling job for a t-shirt company
- BET’s The Game – play a drug addict named Ben (coming on air soon!)
- Marry Me with Lucy Liu
- The Lost Valentine with Betty White
So the point of me saying this isn’t because I am bragging, it’s more about putting myself out there and doing things I never in a million years thought I would ever do. Life really is what you make out of it. I always thought I was way to fat to do any of these things. Even though I started loosing the weight I still have issues with self confidence. It has nothing to do with not being able to do it but, being everything to do with being SCARED TO DO IT. Now, I just breath and I try my best. I open myself up to things. I tried to change my thought patterns and open my heart to what life has in-store for me. Life can be amazing if you open yourself up to what it has to offer!!